Thursday, August 25, 2011

Terrors of the Night

So, last night Dannika was having nightmares. Up until about 1:00 am this morning she kept yelling for me, saying she was hearing scary sounds and, all of a sudden a fear of the dark, even though she has a night light. After placating her multiple times she ended up getting into bed with me at midnight while I was reading. After she fell asleep and chris came to bed, he carried her back into her room.
At around 5am she came into our room and climbed into bed with us and of course by that time I had alex in bed with me while I was breast feeding. So poor alex and I were scooted to the edge of the bed while Chris and Danni took up most of the bed.

I do not know how to better deal with Dannikas night mares. Most nights, just putting on the front of scary-shadows-scarer works with her and she goes back to sleep. But every once in awhile she has these long nights of battling something that's not there. I hate it and I don't know what else to do about it. I hate not getting any sleep and I hate dannika being so scared that she's shaking from head to toe. But it seems like all I can do is try to make her feel more comfortable in her room. maybe we can just get her a brighter light for her room? I don't know, maybe a table lamp for her dresser, that would be bright for her and not keep it too bright.

Ugh, who knows. But I really hate this hapening with her but I think it's normal and I hope she will over come this problem of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment